Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sunday nights:

For about the last two years I preached through the book of Acts on Sunday nights.  Due to the climate and the needs at our Church, I then had a series on the "one another" passages.  I like that series, and used a format more along a class setting, dialogue, back & forth participation.

Well, now I'm preaching through Romans on Sunday nights.  I'm taking it a paragraph or two at a time.  It's Thursday afternoon and as I work through the text I picked for this week (2:12-16) I'm not sure what I should do.  These few verses are loaded!  Paul raises this question once again: what about those who have never heard the Gospel.  No, he didn't ask it that way...  read the passage though, you'll see what I mean.  I'm not sure I want to take that kind of direction and raise those questions and address them as of now.  I want to focus on what seems like a clear point in 2:13: it's not those who listen to the Law, it's those who obey it that God justifies...   

Peace,
Craig

No comments: