Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ups & downs:

I know that in ministry, we'll always have ups & downs.
Especially in a new plant like we are, we'll have struggles, and victories.
Today, today was definitely an up.

Our worship service this morning was great, "the praise & worship" in our singing was uplifting, we had a lot of fellowship over coffee & donuts, and yes we laughed a lot.  Communion moved me to tears.  We all signed a Bible and gave it to our newest sister in Christ who was recently baptized, yes it was a truly wonderful morning.

Tonight at the Watson's our meal was delicious, and everyone was engaged in our study.
Could the day really get better?  Yes.  Good evening together too!

Everything just seemed to click, to mesh, to synchronize so well.  Like a beautiful sunset you want to capture, today was one of those days where you feel like all is well, and you enjoy a certain glow.

For all of my fellow ministers, and brothers & sisters who haven't had the best of time with church, I just wanted to share the joy of today with you to say, yes it is possible to enjoy church again.  It is possible to have peace, unity, and share the love of God with a great church family.  I know this, only because I'm experiencing this blessing now, at this time, and I praise God for where He has led me & my family.


No comments: